TWO-DAY MASTERCLASS £595
Day One of this home design and interior design course covers the same ground as the one-day interior design course, but in greater depth. It will provide you with a sound basic knowledge of interior design and equip you with the tools you need to produce beautiful and cost-effective schemes, with confidence. You will learn how to use colour, how to design lighting schemes and how to plan a room of your own. Jo will also look at some of the common and costly mistakes that amateur-designers often make – and show you how to avoid them.
On Day Two you will choose a room from your own home to design, under Jo’s expert guidance. She will help you put together a mood board, a sample board and will show you how to plan your space effectively.
Complete beginners; for anyone wanting to reinforce a basic knowledge of interior design; for anyone wanting to add a professional finish to a home design project they are working on. This course will also provide a superb base on which to build for anyone interested in an interior design career.
Please note: Places are strictly limited to 10 only.
THE COURSE WILL COVER
Day 1: Theory and Concepts
• An introduction to the design process
• Colour theory and how to use colour with confidence
• How to use pattern and texture to balance a scheme
• How to create the right mood and style for you
• Lighting and creating an atmosphere
• Space planning and scale drawing
• Accessorising your scheme
• Tricks of the design trade – how to get the most out of your designs
• ; Common mistakes and how to avoid them
Day 2: Practical
The day will be spent putting the lessons of Day One into practice. You will design a room of your own choice under Jo’s expert guidance.
All students will be given a concise interior design manual covering the key course topics, to take away.
10.30am – 4.30pm