Luxury interior designer Jo Hamilton runs one-day interior design courses and classes. Jo Hamilton has run her high-end interior design consultancy for more than 20 years and her courses are held in luxury Central London hotels. Jo Hamilton has carried out interior design work across the UK and abroad. Jo Hamilton has been the interior designer for a number of luxury projects nationally and internationally, including homes, hotels and offices.
One-day interior design course £345
This intensive, one-day course is suitable for anyone, including complete beginners — whether you want to reinforce a basic knowledge of interior design, or to add a professional finish to a specific home design project. It also provides a good base on which to build for anyone interested in an interior design career.
Jo will take you step-by-step through the key principles of interior design. She will give you a good basic knowledge of interior design and equip you with the insights you need to produce beautiful and cost-effective schemes with confidence.
You will learn how to use colour, how to design lighting schemes and how to design a room of your own. Jo will also look at some of the common and costly mistakes that amateur-designers often make — and show you how to avoid them.
The course will cover:
• An introduction to the design process
• Colour theory and how to use colour with confidence
• How to use pattern and texture to balance a design scheme
• How to create the right mood and style for you
• Lighting and creating an atmosphere
• Space planning, ergonomics and scale drawing
• Accessorising your scheme
• Tricks of the design trade — how to get the most out of your designs
• Common mistakes and how to avoid them
All students will be given a concise manual covering the key course topics to take away.
Please note: Places are strictly limited to 10 only.
10.30am – 4.30pm