One-day interior design course
One-day luxury interior design courses from high-end London interior designer Jo Hamilton
One-day interior design course £345
This intensive, one-day course is suitable for anyone, including complete beginners — whether you want to reinforce a basic knowledge of interior design, or to add a professional finish to a specific home design project. It also provides a good base on which to build for anyone interested in an interior design career.
Jo will take you step-by-step through the key principles of interior design. She will give you a good basic knowledge of interior design and equip you with the insights you need to produce beautiful and cost-effective schemes with confidence.
You will learn how to use colour, how to design lighting schemes and how to design a room of your own. Jo will also look at some of the common and costly mistakes that amateur-designers often make — and show you how to avoid them.
The course will cover:
• An introduction to the design process
• Colour theory and how to use colour with confidence
• How to use pattern and texture to balance a design scheme
• How to create the right mood and style for you
• Lighting and creating an atmosphere
• Space planning, ergonomics and scale drawing
• Accessorising your scheme
• Tricks of the design trade — how to get the most out of your designs
• Common mistakes and how to avoid them
All students will be given a concise manual covering the key course topics to take away.
Please note: Places are strictly limited to 10 only.
10.30am – 4.30pm